> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > agent
> > was. ...

> > > If you read the cited O'donnell post ... he speculates the same
> > > thing. But its not certan is it? Or did the CIA or Prosecutor
> > > disclose this as certian?
> >
> > Yes.  The CIA did by asking the Justice Department
> > to investigate it; the prosecutor did by launching
> > the investigation.
> >
> > Use your head.
>
> I do. I am trying to understand your use of language. You appear --
> perhaps -- to state things as fact when they are logical and
> probably -- but not firmly established as fact.

My father used to say, "Don't be so open-minded
your brains fall out."

> I am not saying Plame is not covert, it seems she would be per
> O'donnells logic and yours.
>
> But AGAIN, I ask "Or did the CIA or Prosecutor  disclose this as
> certian?"  I didnt ask, "Judy, does  this seem logical or probable
> to you?"

Well, you knew the answer to to the first question.

Having made these points, I have to backtrack
to something I said earlier: they only apply if
the CIA asked Justice to investigate a possible
violation of the Intelligence Identities
Protection Act.  Plame wouldn't have had to have
been covert for a crime to have been committed
under a different statute, the Espionage Act.

Mark Kleiman makes an excellent case that this
is the one the CIA told Justice may have been
violated, and that Rove is much more vulnerable
under it than under the IIPA.

See his blog post here:

http://tinyurl.com/a8sug