--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[...]
> It seems unlikely that Rove, as campaign stragegist in 2003, would
> have clearance to know who covert CIA ops were. And even if he DID, he
> would have had to have a "need to know" -- which is even more
> unlikely. So it appears to me that Rove is not "eligible" for
> prosecution.

If Rove sat in on a briefing with President Bush where Valerie Plame
was identified in some way, he de facto had clearance for that
information.

> As I have stated, the real focus is on the person who had clearance,
> and the need to know, AND who leaked the info to Rove. Or who leaked
> it to an intermediary who leaked it to Rove.

Right. However, as I said, if Rove was in an official meeting where
classified info was discussed, he had official access to that info and
was liable.

> Beyond its high probability that Rove is not the focus of the
> investigation, it is far more interesting to think of those at a level
> above Rove who are now in the prosecutor's sights.

Actually, given Rove's status in the White House, there's only one
person above him --the one he advises directly.