> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, azgrey <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > "Willy, since fucking prairie dogs or whatever you
> > > do with your time doesn't seem to fill enough of it
> > > lately..."
> >
> > Don't you just *hate* those prairie dog fuckers?
>
> LOL.
>
> You should post more often, dude.

Perhaps. I tend to just drop by and read, by message
view, posts since I was last here. Interesting forum.
Tedious at times, but often interesting. I have learned
much by following FFL. I look forward to learning more.

 Your sense
> of humor is one of the things that keeps me
> around.

You are too kind and push my humor buttons
every time I visit FFL. I am always grateful
for a good spontaneous laugh. Thanks.

I just call 'em like I see 'em. Just when I think
my odd sense of humor might be sullying
the high vibe of a spiritual forum I read a post
from one of the monitors about his sexual fantasy
involving a former president and a male prostitute
in the Oval Office. Go figure. It is a marvel the level
of obsessiveness shown by your pair of faux-feminist
fans. They must dream about you.

> Just on the off chance your Yahoo profile is
> correct, have you ever been to a couple of my
> favorite places of power near where you live?
> Neither, as it turns out, is what most people
> would think of as a "power place," but for me
> they really are, FAR more powerful than the
> "vortexes" they take the New Age rubes to in
> and around Sedona.
>
> The first is a hotel, the Arizona Biltmore. It
> was designed by one of Frank Lloyd Wright's
> students, but with Wright assisting and -- some
> say -- doing a lot of the design. Stunning. You
> know how gazing at a beautiful vista like the
> Grand Canyon inspires and uplifts? Just walking
> around in this hotel does the same thing. It's
> stunning.
>
> The second, of course, is Taliesin West. Wright
> may have been a bit of a prick in real life, but
> he was a genius with a T-square and a sheet of
> blank paper. His houses for other people take
> your breath away; this one he built for himself.

My profile, brief as it is, is accurate.

I am *very* familiar with the "places of power" you
mention. I would add Grady Gammage Memorial
Auditorium to your list and proclaim it as my favorite
of the three. Have you been there?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grady_Gammage_Memorial_Auditorium
http://snipurl.com/t53q5

It has been years since I have visited the Biltmore.
Several changes of ownership and at least two
major renovations have transpired since I last
leisurely absorbed the vibe there. I worked in the
neighborhood for over 20 years and it isn't at all
far from where I live in Scottsdale. Your post is just
the reminder I needed. I will try and correct my absence
before the year is up.

Taliesin West used to be on a bicycle route I regularly
followed. It is, broadly speaking, in my neighborhood.
I must admit it has been at least 10 years since I visited.
Great spot isn't it? Stories about Wright abound, obviously,
in Arizona. He is/was a controversial dude who still inspires
parlor gossip even among non-architects. Much of that
consists of arguing over his actual contributions to the
Biltmore and Grady Gammage. It would take a professional
misanthrope on a level of authfiend to dispute his influence
on Taliesin West. It is *pure* Frank Lloyd Wright. There are
those who feel, quite strongly, that growth and development
in the area surrounding Taliesin have greatly reduced the
impact of it as a "place of power." The impact of his ability to
reflect a "sense of place" is perhaps somewhat muted as the
organics of the area have been so altered since his day. When
were you last here?

Gammage Auditorium suffers the same criticism as the
Guggenheim Museum in that it doesn't organically blend into
the surrounding area. Pppshaw! That its construction occurred
after Wright's death and that it was originally designed to be an
opera house in Bagdad adds to its outofplaceness. It has
the most outrageous acoustics I have ever heard. Violent
Arizona summer storms used to commonly knock out the
power for hours at a time. In Gammage they would simply
place candles on stage and proceed with an un-amplified
show. Maybe I'm easily impressed, but I had goosebumps
realizing that crusty old fart had the skill to design so well.
On some level it was akin to an experience of the transcendent.