If the VA needs to be better then fix IT but don't *F* it up for the rest of
the Nation.

________________________________
From: TurquoiseB <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, November 11, 2009 5:40:30 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Soldiers are supposed to die for their country,
not live in it

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, Vaj <vajradhatu@ ...> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2009, at 7:42 AM, Mike Dixon wrote:
>
> > I beleive veterans have the VA. A friend of mine that
> > served during Vietnam goes to the VA whenever he needs
> > to see as doctor. Doesn't cost him a penny.
>

> That's correct. Vets have to deal with Socialized Medicine.
> They provide the services; they own the hospitals.

Hospitals so degrading and poorly run that
the definition of the group researched in this
study was "Veterans between the ages of 18 and
64 who were uninsured in 2008. Veterans were
only classified as uninsured if they neither
had health insurance nor received ongoing
care at Veterans Health Administration (VA)
hospitals or clinics."

They found 1,461,615 veterans in this category.

I think that pretty much says it all about the
quality of VA care. 1,461,615 people went with-
out health care rather than take advantage of
the "free" health care at the VA.

My premise stands. America has a "no survival"
policy for its soldiers. If it can't get them
killed in foreign wars, it'll finish the job
at home.