On Nov 21, 2009, at 10:53 AM, It's just a ride wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> Unfortunately for Rachel, the reason Islam is considered the "religion of
> peace" is that once the whole world converts, they believe there will be
> peace on earth, a chilling prospect, however you parse it...it is not merely
> a religion, but a social movement and a system of mandatory jurisprudence. In
> any predominantly Muslim nation, people of the book are taxed till they
> convert. People who are not "of the book"...well they're not as fortunate.
> Both followers of Hinduism and Buddhism would be considered fit for
> slaughter, esp. the latter since they consider god (Allah) worship
> antithetical to peace and complete awakening.
>
> You're describing Christianity, no?  Have you been studying so much hocus
> pocus Eastern stuff that you've forgot your western civilization courses
> (assuming you went to high school and college)?

Well let's consider how non-Muslims are currently treated in majority Muslim
countries legally compared to how non-Christians are treated majority Christian
countries? There's a HUGE difference. Esp. if they are not a "people of the
book", in which case they may not have a lot of rights.

But make no mistake, Christianity is a religion of blood. Pretty typical for
god worshippers really.

I'm not aware of predominantly Christian nations taxing people of other
religions because they are not Christian. Can you give an example?

In what ways is American or European jurisprudence based on specifically
Christian writings, other than universal, Noachide type laws? What is the
Christian counterpart to Sharia that you are referring to?