On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Vaj <vajradh...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Well let's consider how non-Muslims are currently treated in majority
> Muslim countries legally compared to how non-Christians are treated majority
> Christian countries? There's a HUGE difference. Esp. if they are not a
> "people of the book", in which case they may not have a lot of rights.
>
> But make no mistake, Christianity is a religion of blood. Pretty typical
> for god worshippers really.
>
> I'm not aware of predominantly Christian nations taxing people of other
> religions because they are not Christian. Can you give an example?
>
> In what ways is American or European jurisprudence based on specifically
> Christian writings, other than universal, Noachide type laws? What is the
> Christian counterpart to Sharia that you are referring to?

There are places in the US and other countries where the Christian
counterpart to Sharia is practiced.  The FBI regularly raids such
cults/sects in the US.    I'm asking you to take the long view, but you want
to talk about just now.  Taxation of non-Christians?  What about pogroms?
What is the history of the word Ghetto (Italian for iron works, IIRC)?
Christianity has a longer and bloodier history (like remember the
Inquisition?) than Islam.  Islam started off as a movement of hate and war.
It then entered a time of peace and tolerance.  Then there were the Moors
but then there were the crusades.  Islam was a peaceful and tolerant
movement (remember Casablanca?) until relatively recently.  And it's still
peaceful and tolerant in many places around the world.

One of the brutalest areas is around Thailand.  What was the religion of
Cambodia under Pol Pot?

What was the religion of the British, which subjugated China for so very
long?  Christianity has looked at all others as savages.  It was good
Christians which brought the heathen negro to America and other countries.
It's the good Christians which are urging us on in the wars against
Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan.

--
"Blessed are you, Hashem, King of the Universe, for not having made me a
Gentile."