--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:

> [snip]

> > Bananas.
> >
> > The IPCC represents an overwhelming global consensus body of science
> > based on the research of thousands of scientists from around the world.
> >
> > From their website:
> >
> > "Thousands of scientists from all over the world contribute to the work
> > of the IPCC on a voluntary basis. Review is an essential part of the
> > IPCC process, to ensure an objective and complete assessment of current
> > information."
>
> [snip]
>
> But science is neither a democracy nor a consensus.
>
> A million "scientists" can agree on something.  If the facts are contrary to
> what they say, the consensus ain't worth a hill of beans.
>
> Indeed, the consensus can be "overwhelming" as we are told ad infinitum.  But
> agreeing on something doesn't make it "fact"; agreeing happens in committees
> and in parliaments (hopefully).  It is NOT in the realm of science which is a
> dictatorship of provable, repeatable facts.
>
> Scientific "fact" is when you postulate something and it can be repeatable
> and predictable, neither of which has or is happening with the religion of
> global warming.

And in any case, perhaps we should reserve some
scepticism for these claims of 000's of scientists
all marching in step at the IPCC?

"The evidence shows that the claim of "4000 scientific
experts supported the IPCC's claims" is dishonest in
almost every word. There were not 4000 people, but
just under 2900; they were not all scientists; and it
seems that they were not all experts. There is only
evidence that about 60 people explicitly supported the
claim, although that might not mean much given the
vested interests and lack of impartiality of many
authors and reviewers. As mentioned at the start of
this document the "support" can only be said to apply
to the document as a whole and is by virtue of the
input of authors and reviewers"

http://mclean.ch/climate/docs/IPCC_numbers.pdf