--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> Right now it is probably because it is "the holidays." This year
> it may well be a very boring time of the year because people are
> finding they don't have any money to spend for it. I think that
> is making people uptight and hence you'll see more arguing going
> on.

I think you're right about this. I just sometimes
wish that the people acting out their frustrations
via argumentation would do something more productive
with it, like learn and practice the most effective
method of meditation on the planet or something. :-)

> Most of the other groups I'm on are topic centric and if there
> is any arguing it is over that topic. And that can go on all
> the time. Then there are the political forums I'm on where the
> idea IS to argue.

Tell me about it. On another forum I finally had to
block posts coming from a friend of mine from Santa
Fe. He's a gun nut and a rabid Libertarian, and he
seemingly can't get through a single day without
firing off 5 to 10 polemics about something. And he
does it in such a way that he always invites arguments,
and gets them. I finally figured out that his threads
constituted half the messages I saw, and that I was
never interested in any of the things being argued
about. Hide him and his threads, and it's a whole
new forum, one that I actually enjoy again.

I guess one could make a case for arguing being a
form of entertainment. If the one making this case
doesn't have a life, that is. :-)