--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcgurk@> wrote:

> > > Amazing speech from State Senator Diane Savino from
> > > Staten Island, urging the New York Senate to vote
> > > for the gay marriage bill. It lost, but Savino
> > > makes the case brilliantly, commonsensically, and
> > > very movingly, with delightfully witty accents:
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCFFxidhcy0
> > >

> > Well, that's 7 minutes and 33 seconds that I'll never get back.
> >
> > If that is what constitutes "brilliant" and "common sense" to you, Judy,
> > and you found it "moving" you must have a very low threshold in order to
> > inspire you.  You are prime material for jackboot thugs to recruit you into
> > some totalitarian movement for implementation of their World Plan or World
> > Government.
> >
> > And which "delightful witty accents" are you referring to?  If anything, I
> > heard a suggestion of a "toidy-toid street" origin but only slightly and
> > nothing to write home about.  Witty?  How about cliche-ish?  Not an
> > original thought in there.  Indeed, the usual platitudes weren't even
> > delivered with any aplomb whatsoever.
> >
> > This is what I got out of that silly seven minutes of politically correct
> > high-school level tripe: everything that this half-wit Savino said about
> > gay marriage could be said about polygamous marriage, incest marriage, and
> > any other form of union between consenting adults.  Indeed, you could
> > replace the words "gay marriage" in her speech with the words "polygamous
> > marriage" and it would make equal sense.
> >
> > So tell us, Judy: do you support polygamous marriage equally to your
> > support of gay marriage?
> >
> > How about incest marriage?
> >
> > Gay incest marriage?
> >
> > Gay polygamous marriage?
> >
> > Do tell.
> >

> Ready the fainting couch. Shemp has the vapors. Mention anything "gay" and he
> gets hives.

Why would I get hives?

I'm all for gay marriage!

Aren't you?

While I'm for gay marriage, I suspect that you are a prejudiced and biased
person and that you are against other forms of marriage between consenting
adults.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  Otherwise you can acknowledge that you are
the intolerant bigot that you are.

> Shemp: "It does not affect your daily life very much if your neighbor marries
> a box turtle. But that does not mean it is right... Now you must raise your
> children up in a world where that union of man and box turtle is on the same
> legal footing as man and wife."

Despite the quotation marks, I never said the above. This is a fabrication on
the part of the bigot Raunchydog.