--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6...@...> wrote:

> Right, only a couple million people died from *re-education* after we left
> Indo-China. If you really want the world to hate America, pull out after
> freeing a people from the Taliban and let the Taliban come back and take
> over...again. No education for women, very little for boys, total repression
> of human rights, executions before thousands in stadiums, burqas for all
> females, the list goes on. I notice criticism for American military but non
> for the Taliban or Al Qaeda. I guess you don't have a problem with them. I
> guess when the military industrial complex becomes cannon fodder, we can
> adopt Sharia law and enjoy Talibanism right here at home!

Mike, you're 100% right in everything you say above.

But my attitude now is: fuck 'em.  No more Team America, World Police because
the rest of the world simply doesn't appreciate what America does for 'em and
at $1,000,000 per year per soldier it is just too bloody expensive.

I think our attitude towards those societies, countries and dictators who do us
harm or plan to do us harm is to bomb the hell out of 'em and continue to bomb
the hell out of 'em until they mend their ways.  But the POST-bombing period
should NOT comprise going into a country and start restructuring everything.
#1 it's not our business and #2 we simply can't afford it anymore. It's the
part where we occupy a country AFTER a military operation that is the most
expensive part.