--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willy...@...> wrote:

> Maybe so, but is there any evidence that 'Shiva' or
> 'Shakti' were real historical people?

As you know Willy, Shiva and Shakti were not people and never were (as we
understand them today).  Shiva is merely symbolic represented as the Absolute
unmanifest Spirit (beyond creation).  Shakti is the name and symbolic form of
the creative vibration of the great sound of AUM which is the foundation of all
creation.

Shiva is formless consciousness, Shakti is his dynamic energy (Lika/play) .
Kundalini Shakti is that energy reservoir in Man. All souls are part and parcel
of God (Purusha), all bodies are of Shakti, individual existence apart from God
is avidya or ignorance and an illusion!! You already know this.....