Vaj wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2009, at 12:25 PM, Mike Dixon wrote:
>

>> Vaj, you didn't find Avatar predictable? It's the story of the American
>> Indian all over again, greedy whites, stealing land from the much more
>> intuned, peace loving, indiginous people. They did everything but give the
>> Na'vi smallpox infested blankets. No blood for expensive minerals!
>>

> I already knew the plot before I saw it so it's hard to say! I was responding
> more to "predictable" as a negative comment in terms of it being a pro-Green
> planetary culture vs. a more Conservative-Republican corporate war machine:
> Hollywood libs diss Republicans.
>
> What was your gut reaction to Colonel Quaritch's statements that the N'avi
> embrace "tree-hugger crap" and that what was necessary was a "shock and awe
> campaign" of "pre-emptive action," as he "fights terrorists with terror"?

The usual business associate that likes to go see movies with me isn't
big on this one either.  Cameron is often long on hype and short on
story.  So far no one has said it will win a golden globe.  I saw "2012"
but Emmerich is humble compared to Cameron.  I'll have to check to see
if the schools are out all this week.  If not I may go check it out
otherwise I'll skip it until school is back in session if I still chose
to go.  BTW, 3D digital performances are as good the last day it is
shown as the first because there is no film to scratch.  That is unless
some dumbshit kid hasn't  thrown his drink at the screen and the theater
hasn't cleaned it properly (or replaced it in some cases).