--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "authfriend" <jst...@...>

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

> > Reading the "reviews" of AVATAR on this forum
> > since Friday have made me wonder.
> >
> > Wonder whether all the hype was a hype. Wonder
> > whether the film that cost $230,000,000 and took
> > 15 years to make and that has been touted as the
> > film that will change filmmaking forever was just
> > shuck 'n jive.
> >
> > But more, wonder whether posters here have to some
> > extent lost their ability to experience wonder.
>
> Notice that Barry is constitutionally incapable of
> simply saying he loved the film; he has to put down
> those who didn't as well, or he somehow wouldn't
> feel "complete." He has to make it clear that he's a
> *better person* than they are because they didn't
> think it was as great as he did.>

I know, its like a religious fundamentalism before anyone says anything
-- Turq sounds like Bill O'Reilly or the Taliban.

Knowing Cameron and his movies it will be pure sentimental indulgence,
but I will see the movie though, since often when I go in knowing I am
going to likely dis-like a movie, I usually end up liking it for mild
entertainment reasons.

OffWorld