> > Passed along from Marek, who discovered it, a neat
> > video in which Richard Feynman, Carl Sagan, S. James
> > Gates, Jr., and Freeman Dyson discuss the very thing
> > I was trying to get at in my reply to Doug this
> > morning. What is it we "know?" What is it we even
> > *can* "know?"
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbtgNTmNuIw
> >

> That is fine as wishy-washy conjecture, but known is our experience when we
> have it and that spiritual experience can be very clear for what it is.
> Spiritual experience, when you have it, that is fact at that time.  Not clear
> & you don't really know, then there likely is just some un-stressing going on
> and more cultivation is needed and some more to come to know by experience
> about it.  Steps of spiritual progress through knowledge and experience of
> where and how to look.  A good teacher and textbook evidently can be helpful
> along the way.
>
> The extraordinary modern progression of things human though is that the
> physiological correlates of spiritual experience can now be pointed at too.
> But further, that there is and has been experience that comes from collective
> spiritual practice just as real to those who do it.  And so too that science
> with it.  That there is an evident collective value to cultivating spiritual
> experience.  That there is a difference between meditators and non-meditators
> by experience and evident science.  Just is.  Is not elitist, just fact.  The
> modern policy implication:  Meditate you sinners, it may take some
> discipline!  The world evidently will be a better place as you come to it.
>
> Jai Guru Dev,
> -D

Om Come all ye 'Followers of Science',

I.

These portending global changes may well come to pass in the daily and ongoing
passage of those 50 full coal trains passing through Fairfield.  Daily heading
to power plants east; but, these pundits and a Fairfield meditating community
may represent a last great antidote to a vapid and ostentatious  materialism
that hath spun this global change. For, is both meditation and science now
shouting, "Repent your ignorant sinful spending".

In the pundit project and in a disciplined meditating are the bold and
far-seeing spiritual works of the fight for global climate.  Come join the
fight.  Come back to meditation for your selves, your friends, your family and
a future humanity.  Come to action, in meditation.