To All:

Siddhis are not restricted to the vedic literature.  We find similar feats in
the gospels and stories of Christian saints.  These siddhis can be considered
as samadhi which is a byproduct of meditation.

The Christian gospels do not talk so much of meditation as the vedic literature
does.  But the gospels do talk much about faith in one's teacher or beliefs.
This faith is equivalent to meditation, a practice that attempts to transcend
thoughts and reason.

What did it mean for someone to walk on water?  At the very least, the gospel
writers were saying that the person had control of the elements of water and
the air.  In other words, the person had control over his appetite and sexual
urges.  In can interpreted that water represents the sense of taste, and air
represents the sense of touch or sexual urge.

At best, the writers were saying that the person actually did the seemingly
impossible by hovering over the water.  Thus, we read that St. Peter was able
to walk on water as he approached Jesus, but started to sink when he doubted
his faith.

JR