--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> To All:
>
> Siddhis are not restricted to the vedic literature.  We find
> similar feats in the gospels and stories of Christian saints.

The conclusion is inescapable. Because stories of
siddhis exist in these books, siddhis must exist.

Similarly, stories of not only siddhis but fantastic
creatures like dragons, trolls, etc. exist in other
books. These books are often referred to as "fairytales"
or "myths." Presumably these stories should be given
EXACTLY the same credence as the stories in the "vedic
literature" or in the "gospels."

After all, there is EXACTLY the same amount of
evidence that the stories in the myths and fairytales
are true as there is that any of the stories in the
"vedic literature" or "gospels" are true. Therefore
what I think you're trying to make is that if it's
a story in a book, it's true.

Or did I get that wrong, John? Were you suggesting
instead that something is true only if it's a story
in *some* books?

:-)

Just funnin' wit ya, John.

But seriously, if you feel like it (or if *anyone*
here feels like it), please present a reason why
we should consider the Bible or the gospels or the
"vedic literature" any different from myths and
fairytales -- or for that matter from any other
form of fiction -- in terms of their credence or
accuracy.

A reason other than "Because I believe they are,"
that is.

I'll wait.