Premanand wrote:
> As Turquoise asks, then why not our own Fairy Tales
> too? They have a lot in common with the Purananas.
> Oh, but then they are not Indian or Vedic, huh!

The 'Fairey Tales' of Western cultures have nothing to
do with Yoga or Transcendental Knowledge, found in the
Upanishads and in the Vedanta.

The Gnostic tradition came long after Patanjali
composed the Yoga Sutras. There is no yoga equivalent
in Western culture to the transcendental state of
samadhi.

Western cultures are almost totally based on the
Semitic notions of Monotheism which is opposed to
the 'self-knowledge' found in Yoga and Vedanta.