--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <waybac...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Having read the first volley of them years ago, I can tell
> > > you that I too avoid them like the plague.  They leave a
> > > bad taste in the mouth,  all seem identical, and are a
> > > waste of my time - kind of like listening to the endless,
> > > repetitive bickering of the coupe in the apartment above
> > > yours.
> >
> > Wayback, just out of curiosity: I assume you read Barry's
> > posts that aren't about me, right?
>
>  Yes, I do read some of Barry's posts that are not about you, but not all of
> his posts.  I always go by topic since at this point in my life I don't seem
> to have much free time and rarely spend more than 10 min on FFL when I do
> check in.  I also read your posts when they are not about Barry if the topic
> interests me.   You have incredible insight and an eye for detail that I
> could never match, so I find that awesome.
>

> > Do you refrain from reading my commentary on those posts
> > because you class them as part of the "bickering"?
> >

> Sometimes, but I guess about half the time I will look at your response and
> if there is the slightest reference to Barry rather than the topic, I move
> on. Given that, I am sure that I often miss your responses about Barry's
> posts.  But that is ok with me.  And it is also ok with me not to read
> anything from Barry about you.  I am simply not interested in your opinions
> about each other.  I enjoy both of your posts on other topics, though.

That sounds about right. In fact, I've checked back on FFL from time to time
only to see a pile of posts from Judy with "Barry' in the subtext....I just
click off and figure there's nothing new going on. Barry rarely uses Judy's
name in his posts so once in a while I'll read something and realize it's mid
volley in one of their exchanges and I tune out.

That said, the last thing she wrote that I can recall being interested in was
about food. Most of her posts just strike me as self-inflating huffing and
puffing and putting others down. Barry, on the other hand, I find highly
amusing and often insightful. He, Rick and Curtis are the "must read" posts
when I'm looking in on FFL.

When Curtis stopped posting some months ago I stopped reading FFL for months.
It's great to have you back Curtis. Your new project is gonna be awesome! Can't
wait.