--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <waybac...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> Judy, I have read all the recent posts between you and
> Curtis.  I think Curtis was genuinely trying to tell
> you that he enjoys your posts, enjoys Barry's posts,
> and no longer reads the posts between the 2 of you.  He
> was "being nice" and also genuinely meant what he said.
> So why did you turn on him in this way?

Don't know how you managed to miss what set this off
if you've read all the recent posts. It was Curtis
complaining about my having quoted him in a post to
Barry--not that I'd misrepresented what he had said,
but that he felt bad that I had referred to him at all.
That seemed to me like a very strange complaint; I've
never seen anyone else here make it about someone
quoting their posts.

You may also have missed that I told Curtis I don't
take it as much of a compliment that he enjoys my
posts when he says he also enjoys Barry's posts,
given my obviously very low opinion of the quality
of Barry's posts (not just those demonizing me, but
in general).

> If Curtis's remark about not enjoying or any longer
> reading the posts between you and Barry was the cause

No, that wasn't the cause. He's said that many times
before. My point was that if he doesn't read them, he
shouldn't be commenting on them at all, much less
judging them.

> let me clue you in: I would bet that NO ONE reads them.

I'm not sure that's true, but it's fine with me if it is.

> Having read the first volley of them years ago, I can
> tell you that I too avoid them like the plague.  They
> leave a bad taste in the mouth,  all seem identical,
> and are a waste of my time - kind of like listening to
> the endless, repetitive bickering of the coupe in the
> apartment above yours.

I can understand why you'd feel that way. On the other
hand, I'd suggest that anyone who was reasonably
objective and had the intestinal fortitude to follow
them with attention would not be likely to set up a
moral/ethical equivalence between Barry and me.

Same with the couple upstairs. That two people engage
in bickering does not automatically mean each is
equally at fault in the dispute.

Again, it's fine with me if you don't read what Barry
and I say about each other. It's not fine with me if
you judge the posts without reading them.