> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> >
> > Imagine if yagyas *actually* did something and we had the
> > power to further our own ends, presumably at the occasional
> > expense of others.
>
> Why would you entertain that presumption?

Because it would be at someones expense if, say, they
were applying for a job and were the best qualified,
even the most deserving, and you'd asked shiva for a
bit of help to sway the interviewers mind, wouldn't
that be at the expense of someone else?

>  There are some serious karma issues here
> > for sure. I'm sure a TMer would say that the laws of nature
> > would cancel out any requests that violated natural law, but
> > who is to know what effects this beating of a butterfly's
> > wings will have on the fabric of reality?
>
> If one doesn't have "faith" in natural law to sort
> things out without harming anyone, ethically one
> shouldn't utilize yagyas.

The "me" generation clearly aren't suited to this
type of lifestyle.

> > Maybe this is why they don't work, everyone is so concerned
> > about getting more money, sex etc. That the yagyas are
> > cancelled out at the akashic level before any karmic damage
> > is done. Which should amount to refunds all round!
>
> Heh. Not necessarily. Theoretically one would have
> gotten one's money's worth via the karmic lesson
> involved in discovering that one's impure motivation
> caused the yagya to be canceled out. (It could take
> several such lessons before this sinks in, however.)

That wouldn't be the worst excuse I'd ever heard for
them not working. The usual one people kid themselves
with is: They're working on a level I'm not aware of.
Or is that the same thing? Probably. But it should
still say so on the brochure.....