> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcgurk@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > We've certainly heard of
> > > people paying big bucks for yagyas, the *intent*
> > > of which is to make them...uh...big bucks.
> >
> > ...and did it work?
> >
> > You seem to think it a bad thing. Well, I think it a
> > bad thing only if it doesn't work.
>
> Is it a Bad Thing if the mechanism by which
> the yagya buyer became rich is kiddie porn?

Is the Toyota Corolla that the kiddie porn magnate drives evil because he
bought it with his kiddie porn profits?  Is the computer which made it easier
for him to post the kiddie porn online evil for facilitating his perversity?

> Is it a Bad Thing if the yagya ensured that
> he became rich as a result of pimping out
> women to customers such as yourself?

Is the phone company a Bad Thing because their service was used in the setting
of the appointment to receive her services?

> Is it a Bad Thing if the yagya buyer becomes
> rich by selling his medical expertise and
> then slipping his patients Ruffies in his
> office so he can have sex with them? (see
> Dr. Harold Bloomfield, one-time TM "poster
> boy")?

The yagya is an innocent tool that reflects the consciousness of the buyer.  As
with all activities we choose in this life, our karma influences and is
influenced by the activity we conduct, be it a yagya or walking down the street.

> Is it a Bad Thing if the yagya buyer is Al
> Gore?

Yes.

> Is it a Bad Thing if the yagya purchaser who
> wants to become rich makes his living by tell-
> ing his clients he knows what the investment
> market is going to do when he doesn't have a
> fuckin' clue (or else he wouldn't still be
> working as an investment broker)?

Whether he is using a yagya or not, negative karma will get back to him if he
committed a negative action.  Perhaps the yagya will multiply the negativity
much faster and more than without the yagya (I'm just speculating I have no
idea).

I suspect you believe that each yagya should come with a "Larry Kroger" devil
and angel to sit on your shoulder to clearly spell out which activities the
yagya should be used for and which ones shouldn't (obscure reference to "Animal
House").  And because it doesn't you seem to think it isn't worth its salt.

Well, it may not.  I've never performed a yagya myself nor ever had one done
for me and wouldn't spend more than $25.00 to have one done (and not unless I
get to see it myself and clearly hear my name invoked during the ceremony so
that I know I'm getting what I paid for).