i was on a residence course with john black in california circa early 90's when
one morning i arrived fifteen minutes late for the meeting. black exonerated me
for my lack of punctuality and questioned my deserve-ability as a student of
tm. my excuse for being late was being in a dream that morning that involved a
wonderful winged snake flying up my spine to the center of the universe with my
awareness in it. black screamed at me and said we never discuss the details of
un-stressing in the tm movement in a group of people. i told him the dream
wasn't stressful, i liked the dream. to my credit patanjali in yoga sutras
states that dream analysis is a technique for enlightenment. sorry i don't have
the reference but it's easy to find yourself online. anyway john black was a
major douche bag.