From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Sal Sunshine
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 12:50 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Cobra paying homage to Lord Shiva

On Feb 13, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Rick Archer wrote:

>> i was on a residence course with john black in california circa early
90's when one morning i arrived fifteen minutes late for the meeting. black
exonerated me for my lack of punctuality and questioned my deserve-ability
as a student of tm. my excuse for being late was being in a dream that
morning that involved a wonderful winged snake flying up my spine to the
center of the universe with my awareness in it. black screamed at me and
said we never discuss the details of un-stressing in the tm movement in a
group of people. i told him the dream wasn't stressful, i liked the dream.
to my credit patanjali in yoga sutras states that dream analysis is a
technique for enlightenment. sorry i don't have the reference but it's easy
to find yourself online. anyway john black was a major douche bag.

> Sorry to hear John behaved so rudely. In my experience with him he was
always a sweetheart. But definitely a partaker of the Kool-Aid libations, as
he plunked down a million bucks for a crown, and a name change to John
Bright.

How idiotic, the whole thing, esp the silly name-change.
Gosh, if we weren't talking about some "enlightened" being
here, I'd almost say there's some subtle bigotry going on.
That was MMY's doing. Maharishi considered black inauspicious. Both the name
and the color. In fact, when John was in the doghouse for having organized a
puja to Maharishi on an ATR course, Maharishi used to vent his anger towards
him my ridiculing his last name.