> > Patanjali doesn't say anything about the
> > 'bija mantras' used in TM, and where the
> > bija mantras come from...

nadarrombus:
> patanjali states the bija om is the mantra
> which is used...

Patanjali mentions the 'pranava', but does not
state that it is 'om'. AUM is not, stictly
speaking, a 'bija' mantra. AUM isn't mentioned
in the Yoga Sutras nor in the Rig Veda.

So, Patanjali doesn't say anything about the
'TM' bija mantras and where they came from.

<snip>

> maharishi translated and made commentaries
> changing the sanskrit to english according
> to his preference

Vernon Katz made the translation and they seem
to be pretty standard. I've compared Katz's
translation with Swami Prabhupada's word for
word translations and they are near the same.