> > > It appears he got enlightened through TM. He admires Maharishi
> > > and TM so much, and is very blissful about it.
> >
> > I doubt that.  I just think he thinks TM is a neat thing and
> > hasn't look much further than his nose.
>
> you don't have spiritual knowledge so you couldn't understand
> someone who does.

Ah, THE CORRECTOR Defense: "You can't know the
truth like I do because you're not *special* the
way I am."  :-)

As for Lynch, the only thing I can contribute to
the discussion is that I suspect Bhairitu is right
on this one. And it's not just that he hasn't ever
looked much further than his nose...he *can't*.

Before she died, I corresponded for a while with a
lovely woman who was Lynch's private secretary for
many years. She loved the guy, but was up-front
about his many...uh...quirks. She described him as
"borderline obsessive compulsive" and as "the most
habit-bound and incurious person I've ever met."

Lynch eats the same thing every day, and has for
decades now. Not just the same meals at the same
times...the exact same foods. Is a person that
rigid in their thinking and their habits going to
be likely to *ever* rethink the TM movement? Just
sayin'...

I admire that his obsession focuses on the basic
TM technique and teaching it. I wish he didn't
have to work through the TM movement to teach it.
But he does, and thus he is placed in the position
of using his idealized good intentions to try to
"legitimize" an organization that does not
deserve to be legitimized.