--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj
> <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> >
> > I have alot of close friends who are psychiatric and
> > psychological professionals. Because of that,
> > I've been able to go through batteries of
> > conventional testing.
> > It turns out, I'm unusually balanced and sane.
> > Go figure, huh!
>
> Mmm...figuring...
> [dalek voice] DOES NOT COMPUTE! [/dalek voice]
>
> By the bye:
>
> There was a long interview with Hugh Laurie in my
> Sunday paper. Semi-pertinent?
>
> "He says he would have chucked it all in a few seasons
> ago if he didn't continue to find Gregory House such
> an enthralling character, surely one of the most
> consistently fascinating to have emerged from
> television. "Yes, I still like him very, very much. I
> know he has problems, and he is not necessarily a good
> man. But I realised long ago that one doesn't only
> like good people. Sometimes one doesn't even like good
> people."
>
> What does he like most about him? "I suppose I am
> drawn to people who worry, who are tortured. I find I
> am always faintly suspicious of happy people. I always
> think there is something going wrong or missing
> somewhere. They would probably argue that I am the one
> with the thing missing, and that may be so. But the
> fact that he is not happy makes a lot of his mis
> demeanours more forgivable. If someone is behaving
> badly, yet remains unhappy and tortured, the bad
> behaviour is very often its own punishment, so it's
> hard to be too upset by it."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yhroll6

My best friend completely cracked me up at lunch
the other day. She has lurked on FFL in the past,
enough to get a feel for the place and what goes
on here.

So I mentioned to her that at present I was having
fun messing with someone's head on FFL and she said,
"Of course...that's your role there. You're House."

Spit out my sip of wine laughing, I did. :-) She
is absolutely correct. I'm like the Greg House of
Fairfield Life. And I cannot for a moment feel bad
about that, or feel the need to apologize for it.  :-)