--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

<snip>
> > Last night I tired of the somewhat boring dream I was
> > having and decided to "spice it up" and willed that I
> > was at a dinner party with more interesting fellow
> > dream-beings. Poof! I was in Windows On The World
> > (which no longer exists but for me is still a cool
> > place because I had many memorable conversations there),
> > sitting at a dinner table overlooking New York City
> > with a number of cool people. We had a really cool
> > conversation. Some of the conversationalists are still
> > living, some are not. If John's theory were correct,
> > I should have run into Basho and the Sixth Dalai Lama
> > and Oscar Wilde on the street today.
>
> These people that appeared to you may be symbols in
> your life.  They could represent your ideals.  If you
> ignore their meanings, then you are not realizing the
> potential that are available to you.

Boy, not to mention the symbolism of the Windows on the
World location (which was at the top of one of the World
Trade Center towers, for non-New Yorkers).

One might interpret this dream as the subconscious
recognition that the perception of oneself as a
combination of Basho, the Sixth Dalai Lama, and Oscar
Wilde may not have quite so firm a foundation as one
might hope--and that it's a *very* long way down
should it suddenly collapse.