--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "PaliGap" <compost...@...>

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:

> > Apparently when it comes to denying AGW, Mr Poli-Carp
> > supports 'dowsing' as a credential for a fellow AGW denier
> > who has been exposed as misrepresenting himself by the
> > current president of the scientific body he once headed.
> > He's further been discredited by the research of the
> > hundreds scientists of that very body:
>
> I may be related to the pleasant-sounding Poli-Carp,
> but this other person is surely someone your are communicating
> with off-list?

"Polycarp (ca. 70 – ca. 156) was a second century bishop
of Smyrna[1]. According to the Martyrdom of Polycarp, he
died a martyr when he was stabbed after an attempt to
burn him at the stake failed[2]. Polycarp is regarded as
a saint in the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox,
Anglican, and Lutheran Churches....

"With Clement of Rome and Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp is
regarded as one of three chief Apostolic Fathers. The
sole surviving work attributed to his authorship is his
Letter to the Philippians; it is first recorded by
Irenaeus of Lyons."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycarp
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycarp>

  [polycarpus]  <http://www.flickr.com/photos/36189...@n02/4379505250/>