--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>
wrote:

> Again. It's hard to believe that they can get away with
> this, without being castagated across the board, but maybe
> I'm just that naive about it.

They *did* get castigated for the Steinberg and
Reddcliffe photo alterations, at least across the lefty
blogosphere, as well as politically neutral blogs like
Editor and Publisher (and PhotoShop News!); and it was
reported by UPI. Drudge reported it too. Don't know if
the NY Times ever deigned to dignify it by commenting in
the paper (the two were Times reporters who had done a
negative story on Fox), but the Times did comment to UPI.

I thought I remembered that Fox eventually apologized,
but I can't find any reference to this on Google.

I don't think the Ventura photo even comes close to
what Fox did in this case. So far, I haven't seen the
Ventura thing picked up anywhere on the blogs, nor have
I seen any comment from Ventura. So I'm dubious that it
was intentional; I think, as I said, that they used a
preliminary mockup of the cover, not realizing the final
cover was different.