--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>

> > The one saving grace of Fox News is that only a tiny
> > percentage of people watch it, 3-something million at
> > most. Of course, that's more than the other cable news
> > channels, but it's still not all that significant
> > overall. News and political junkies tend to forget that
> > and talk about it as if it's a lot more influential
> > than it really is.
>
> In our household Fox news is on periodically.  On the rare
> occasions when I watch, or have the remote, I will see what
> is on CNN, and typically I'm not too impressed.  There is
> something about Wolf Blitzer I cannot stomach.

You are not alone! Blitzer is intolerable, IMHO.

CNN's a lot better than Fox in terms of not pushing an
agenda, but it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of
reporting. And like most of the rest of the media, it's
terrified of the accusation of liberal bias, so it tends
to be awfully timid in its political reporting.

 I really don't know any of the other CNN
> personalities. On rarer occassions I may catch Rachael Maddow,
> or Keith Oberman, but  I don't find too much of interest
> there either.

Olbermann has become a caricature. Maddow's not as bad,
but she has her own problems.

   But it
> is the conservatives shows that are winning the ratings on
> both radio and TV, but I guess, as you say, put in
> perspective, it is not as significant as it might seem to be.

Talk radio is a whole 'nother story; the right-wing shows
have a *huge* audience because they dominate the market
something like 75-25 percent. Also, unlike with television,
commuters can listen in their cars, so they're a big built-
in audience.