TurquoiseB:
> Unlike our resident Texas Tittytwister, I don't get
> off on "accusing" people of studying with someone
> interesing. :-)

It is interesting, reading about unethical teachers,
but only to a point, then it gets really pathetic.

The question then becomes, 'Why did you spend almost
your entire adult life studying with those unethical
teachers'? And, what does that do to your own sense
of ethics?

This leads to other interesting observations, such
as that teachers who act unethical are probably not
enlightened.

So, it is really interesting to see students of the
unethical teachers posting messages here that are
unethical, and then when caught, try to blame it on
others or on their old teachers.

Example:

From: Uncle Tantra
Subject: Re: Judge Judy and her Many Hats
Newsgroups: alt.religion.gnostic
Date: October 15, 2003

Have you considered dating Judy? You have a lot in
common...

> It's a matter of purely intellectual interest to me
> because of my interest in the Cathars, who not only
> stopped at duality, they preached it as the "highest
> teaching..."

Of course, the Cathars were Gnostics. The word 'Cathar'
is French for 'cat-ass-kisser', due to the cult's
alleged proclivity to participate in certain secret
rituals of various kinds.

Cathars are derived from Bogumils; Bogumils are derived
from Paulicans; Paulicans from Manicheans; and the
Manicheans from Gnostics. Thus Cathars are derived from
Gnostics.

Gnostics are those individuals that believe in 'gnosis',
that is, Transcendental Knowledge. Adherents believe
that when 'True Gnosis' dawns, they see the Light - they
know the Ultimate Reality, which is beyond the senses,
that is, transcendental to the apparent, created
universe.

For Gnostics, dualism, personifiedd as a 'Battle of
Opposing Forces', is just an 'appearance only', that
is, dualism is not the Ultimate Reality.

In fact, True Knowledge, Gnosis, is the experience of
Unity, where all illusions are seen for what they are,
impermanent - a unity-in-diversity.

As long as people do not have the Knowledge, they are
not termed Gnostics. That's why Gnostics call the
deniers 'Dualists', 'Christians', and 'Pagans'.