On Mar 30, 2010, at 11:06 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2010, at 9:23 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
>
> > Chopra learned from the Master well.
>

> He also fell flat on his face at the hands of Shermer and Harris.
> While you knew of one time when Ole M. suffered similarly, it seems
> M. learned to simply surround himself with "yes men" thereafter: end
> of problem!

I am conflicted between giving Chopra credit for taking it like a man and thinking that he must really be out of touch to believe he could have stood up to this challenge. It reveals great naivete on his part or great hubris. It either makes me think that he believes his own rap so much he thought he was up to it or that he really is a bit of a dope!

I can't decide.

I got that he's still an extremely intelligent man, but he had so consistently acquired and accepted various quantum new age beliefs without actual critical examination and objective analysis that the end result is he has merely collected a mishmash of cute sayings, devoid of any actual depth--or any basis in reality. This is an issue a lot of people involved in TMO-type quantum orgs, if they chose to separate from those belief systems, will have to deal with. I can remember reaching a point in listening to Hagelin, where it was clear to me he was BS' ing it. At that point it's little different from listening to any other fundamentalist, just a different flavor.