> Whether people walk a lot has much more to do with
> the "walkability" of the location than with any
> character trait such as sociability, of course.
> And the walkability of a neighborhood depends on
> many factors, including geography, history, and
> economics.
>
> Visiting a couple of U.S. cities--*especially*
> Houston!--and concluding from the lack of walkers
> that Americans are somehow less sociable than
> Europeans is beyond silly.

I repeat the challenge you ignored earlier.

Please tell us about the last time you visited
Houston and spent a lot of time walking around
there.

When you do, please also throw in a list of all
of the other cities in the US you have visited
and spent considerable time walking around in
in the last five years.

If the list is short, wouldn't making pronounce-
ments based on what one has read or heard or
Googled about a place one has never been, or
has never been in recent years, by any less
"beyond silly?"

Put up or shut up.

List the cities *you* personally have walked
around in that substantiate your post. If you
cannot, I suggest that your opinion is just as
valid and valuable as your insights into
Maharishi, a man you never met.