--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> > *My* point was that some people -- people who on the
> > whole have no personal experiences on which to build
> > their opinions -- believe that it's "just as good" to
> > quote the opinions of others or trot them out as their
> > own. Some of us are not fooled by this, especially in
> > the realms of spiritual experience. When it comes to
> > that, direct personal experience *IS* the be-all and
> > end-all. Anyone who claims otherwise is an "armchair
> > mystic" and will always be.
>
> Says a fellow that jumped from teacher to teacher all his
> life...

Says a fellow who stopped looking for a "teacher"
or relying on them 14 years ago now. Those who are
still stuck in the teacher syndrome probably look
on this as a failing; I consider it a success. When
I run into a spiritual teacher these days, I relate
to them as a fellow seeker, and nothing more.

> ...an never even had, by his own admittence even had a
> Kundalini-experience.

This is simply not true, Nabby. Why make things up?
I *have* pooh-poohed kundalini experiences as not
being terribly important IMO, but I've almost cer-
tainly had more of them than you if they still
fascinate you.

> What a poser ! What an incarnation of an armchar mystic !

I get *out* of the armchair and have my *own* exper-
iences, Nabby. All you do is repost the experiences
and pronouncements of others, as does THE CORRECTOR.
I feel *sorry* for you both in that you don't have
any experiences of your own to post, but that doesn't
mean that trying to cover this lack of experience by
posting Other People's Experiences actually *hides*
the fact that you don't have any of your own. It
*amplifies* the fact that you don't have any of
your own.

Who, after all, would bother to read -- much less
repost -- the rantings of a sad old con man like
Benjain Creme if he were having any cool experiences
of his own? Why would someone who was actually *having*
experiences on a daily basis try to make waiting,
waiting,waiting for Other People's Promises into
a virtue?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

When you stop making posts about all the things you
are waiting, waiting, waiting for, *then* you qualify
as someone who's gotten his butt out of the armchair,
Nabby. Not until.