--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_re...@...> wrote:

<snip>
> >The study doesn't tout TM, it
> > merely makes distinctions among three types of
> > meditation, TM being one.
> >
> > Also note the *automatic* assumption that no study
> > involving TM done by a TM-practicing researcher could
> > possibly be "objective."
>
> And probably double blind trials are way too strict. Just
> because the doctor knows which is the placebo -- I mean
> how could that possible affect the results of any
> experiment. Those silly whitecoats!

Non sequitur.

But taking your comment on its own terms, double-blind is
an appropriate method for some types of studies and not
for others. (For some studies it isn't even *possile*.)

It's a mistake to assume that if a study isn't double-blind,
it can't be considered valid; it depends entirely on what
*kind* of study you're talking about. True in some cases,
not at all true in others.