On Apr 1, 2010, at 11:19 AM, tartbrain wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Rick Archer wrote:
>
> > The authors said that these findings shed light on the common
> > mistake of lumping meditations together.
> >
> > "Meditations differ in both their ingredients and their effects,
> > just as medicines do, so lumping them all together as 'essentially
> > the same' is simply a mistake,' Dr. Shear said.
> >
> Zzzzz.

Dr Shear is clearly on to something. There are good medications with good effects and bad meditations with bad effects. isn't that obvious!

This was the Fundamental (and I choose my words carefully) and Primary mistake of the Intellect, to think that all meditation methods are good.

Upon which came the Fall of mankind whereby people sought happiness in Ford 350' and Samsung Blu-Ray machines instead of bubbling down the rabbit hole into fields of greater charmin and bliss.

The only interesting thing about the latest TM org employee research is that a landmark independent study way back in the 80's showed definitively that TM was not unique, but these bozons still keep trying to tell us it is. It's never been falsified.

I guess if you do repeat the same lie enuff times, people will start to actually believe it. Although it seems rather silly to start with that belief ('TM is different from other relaxation response meditations'), and then try to convince people you've "proven" it.