[snip]

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <fintlewoodle...@...> wrote:

> But luckily there are many new ways of interpreting it
> without any of that mystic weirdness:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretation_of_quantum_mechanics

I took a quick peep. Which ones are light on mystic weirdness?

The "many worlds"? That's as if to say "the cat in the
proverbial quantum mechanical box is BOTH dead AND alive
at the same time", no?

Is that any better than "it's neither one nor t'other till
we stick our nose in the box"? Does the one *explanation*
dispel our metaphysical fog any better than the other?

You might say that in the one case the state of the cat
"dwells in the field of all (unmanifest) possibilities". In
the other, the state of the cat "dwells in the field of all
(manifest) possibilities"? A difference that makes not such
a big difference?