Barry

Your shock is only one bit worth? Gosh, I'll have to try harder.
However, I'll leave Lingam measuring to you since you must be measuring
you own against everything else - even if that "else"
doesn't pertain to you. So how do you quite get that done? Like a
good European do you only measure in metric?

What is funny is that you think Yifu needs you to protect him from what
you consider criticism. What haughtiness you parade as protection by
treating him as unable to speak up for himself. Believe it or not he has
shown himself quite capable in the past – even without needing you
as his gun-slinging

bodyguard. Imagine that … not having to entreat you for help!

But there is an alternative. I could route all my posts through you
first and you could personally legitimize those you favor and strike
those meeting your censure. That might actually be fun and make you feel
even more like a righteous Euro. We just would need to keep proper
separation of the two categories of comments. However one problem might
arise - it would be more difficult for you to maintain your claims of
disinterest as the anti-Corrector.

Just to correct a few points from your reply -

1. I am a meat eater, living daily on the bloody pound of flesh of
pitiable living beings raised for slaughter.

2. My teacher is a Tibetan (now a U.S. citizen), and a Tantric Terton.
He is currently having his Terma texts translated into English. He
relates to us as a friend to a friend - one of the reasons I enjoy his
company.

3. I'm sorry you think of Hsuan Hua as a lesser teacher. Comparing
our two posts, you obviously think less of him than I do. You obviously
knew him well – probably even better than Xifu!

However (and in spite of your slight regard for Hsuan Hua) he was not
only an important but also a great Buddhist teacher in America. He had a
huge influence in emphasizing and establishing correct praxis –
which means proper comportment in expressing bodily actions, truthful
speech and insightful mind.

Oh, one last thing I'm really sorry about … I just don't
have time today to answer all your quite important remarks.

Must be I have a life.