--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> I had (and may continue, but I'm on pause right now) a very very long
> conversation with one of the BATGP folks, Dan, over months of time, and
> I took the tact that I would assume he was enlightened and just, you
> know, sincerely ask questions as if he were sorta a personal guru with
> whom I might have some rough and tumble debate and not be thought
> disrespectful.
>
> My intent was to see if I test his POV such that I could jam him into
> some corner and make him cry uncle, but the dude has bested me time and
> again, and I find myself pleased thereby. Because of that exchange, I
> definitely moved my philosophy a notch or two down the eveolutionary
> road. And not in any direction I ever expected to walk.
>
> Here's the start of that conversation I had with "diswartz2" (Dan.) The
> thread starts out named as "Questions," but my and Dan's dialogue is
> mostly under the title "Compassion with daring." It shouldn't be too
> hard to click from riposte to riposte.

> Also, I wrote this to Rick just days after the group started:
>
> Rick,
>
> Seeing as there are a lot more un-enlightened folks out there, I believe
> there's gold to mine by finding those who can debate that side of the
> "concept" with equal clarity about their non-freedom.
>
> Perhaps an excellent interview with a "well adjusted non-seeker" might
> be as instructive to listeners if you are able to go toe to toe with
> such folks and really attempt to drill down into their belief-sets -- if
> things go well, then the axioms of consciousness would emerge -- sez moi
> -- from the minds of even the most inveterate atheists.
>
> Such an interview might notch up audience membership if you can display
> a spiritually neutral intent to educate. If a more general audience is
> thusly served by showing them their own POVs defended vigorously, such
> an audience might be moved to closely examine their own conclusions
> which they may discover to have been adopted from their parents or early
> childhood environment without the prophylaxis of having an "editor
> protecting their developing mind from untoward influx."
>
> To that end, I would suggest that Curtis Mailloux would be a wonderful
> guest for your show.
>
> Edg
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I think all of that is good. However, as stated, I have not found it
> very interesting, yet. I have not listened as extensively as you, and
> there may be great gems that I missed. However, others seem to be having
> the same problem as I -- in maintaining interest. Perhaps these
> > may be raw feeds that need a bit of editing -- with the whole left for
> those that want full access.
> >
> > And as I have suggested in several posts, some deeper probing, while
> considerate and sensitive to the fact that these are very personal
> stories, would be useful. For example, a Curtis type (Curtis, you are an
> [...]

Thanks Edg / Duveyong. I did read the first thread -- long one (I think it was
first -- ) and it is good. D has a very gentle and kind air about him. So -- my
small sample yesterday has been further filled out -- and there certainly is
some good material at the Pump. I can't  vouch for all of it, certainly some is
not my cup of tea -- but not much is.

If I got the theme of the thread, it is about resistance and as i would term it
-- in life, letting go of having to have it my way, letting go of expectations,
letting go of what is possible, letting go of limits (which is not "oh just
think positive" -- quite different).
Essentially "taking as it comes" in a total way.

Taking it to extremes, which I think what D is actually suggesting, is not a
picnic. Its fundamentally letting go of fear of survival. or letting go of
avoidance of humiliation. Not D's words -- but my take on them. But it really
is a mode of transcendence -- and we long ago bought into that.

I have not read Carol's story, but I get bits and pieces from other posts.
While not much of a jyotish fan, I do like the symbolism and "adjectives" it
brings to language. I sense it was a Saturn type of time (not necessarily
literally, in your chart) in that many things slowly got rolled over and
crushed as if by a huge huge slowly rolling ball. Or seared out of you.

I can relate -- all can I am sure -- (unless you have had a totally blessed an
sheltered life) -- I have had something parallel, probably way less intense --
but still quite "serious". A series of events, losses, crushings -- not all
necessarily painfully -- some like losing something and actually feeling
lighter and glad its gone.  (and ironically this was during a very intense set
of Saturn influences in my chart -- like layered up triple high).

The point being that life itself appears to be a great path / program /
sadhana. In this period, so much of my past mind/heart set was hollowed out,
burned out, crushed. Not always "a joy" but it was sort of an adventure --
whats going to be blown to smitherins today?

Logically it can lead to depression -- loosing things one deeply valued --
which it did for me -- the darkest blackest time in my life. All I could do was
sleep to avoid the pain. And yet the pain was in an odd sense transparent,
right on the edge of me, and I thought I should just be able to walk through
it, literally. But as simple as it seemed, it was not possible or easy. but in
time, things got better and the burning-outness (not in the sense of total
drainage of energy -- but in the sense if having unnecessary stuff seared out
of me -- feels great.

In a sense, the gist of this experience, and what I got from your discussion
with D was a (at least partial) transcendence of fear. And lot of fear is in
the head -- and it actually creates adverse situations. For example, I have had
a work situation where its such a bizzare, irrational, unprovoked situation
that I began to be adverse to it -- a type of fear. One day I thought how
silly, just be the way you are with other people and groups -- open, upbeat,
expecting meetings to be productive, having fun with the process. I put on that
game face -- and lo and behold it tamed the lions. Somehow 'out there" was
responding to an inner fear or aversion. When the aversion went away -- the
outside apparent "cause" went away -- leaving me to understand that the cause
was inside me. Getting rid of that cleared it all up. it illustrated for me
that inner and outer boundaries are connected. Which supports D' experience as
I read it, that the giving up actually unlocks doors "out there" and more is
actually gained.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the thread. And I think your suggestion to Rick
is a good one.