Rick Archer wrote:
> I heard the Native Americans in the Pacific Northwest have an old saying:
> "When little sister calls, big brother answers", referring to Mt. St. Helens
> and Mt. Rainier. The answer is not necessarily immediate.

It's called the "Pacific Ring of Fire" and when St. Helen's blew then
activity was observed later on Rainier, I think more in the 1990s.  The
devastation if Rainier blew would be something.  But Seattle worries
more about the subduction fault the city is built on.  Frankly San
Francisco should be nothing but a port with single level warehouses and
not a city at all.