On Apr 21, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

> The President's critics, left and  right, had one thing in common:
> impatience laced with no  sense of history (let alone reality).
> Then of  course there were the snide, white, know-it-all commentators and
> talking heads who just can't imagine that maybe, just maybe  they aren't  as
> smart as they thought they were and certainly not as smart as a  Black
> President. He hadn't consulted them so he must be wrong!
>
> The ideological ideas of Obama critics' defined their  idea of reality rather
> than reality defining their ideas.  Meanwhile back in the reality-based
> community -  in just 12 short months -- President Obama  scored victories
> that went unreported on the evening news:

Excellent article, Rick--and very accurately sums up above
most of the inane criticism of Obama we've heard right here.
This guy gets a big thumbs-up from me because of where
he came from from and how far in the other direction he's
gone.  I tried the first part of his book but it couldn't hold
my attention, he seems to be better in small bites (IMO).
Then again, maybe I'll have to give it another try.  He sure
does bring a unique perspective to the table.

Sal