> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > It all depends on what kind of technologies are being adopted.
> > If the technologies promote the development of consciousness,
> > the change would be good.  If not, society or the people would
> > just be buried in more gross matter, even when the technologies
> > appear to be new fangled. We as individuals need to discern the
> > illusion from the real.
>
> I just love this guy.  :-)
>
> OK, dude. We know from your post the other day that
> you're afraid of boobs.
>
> So what is it that makes you afraid of *matter*,
> enough to consider it "gross?"

I'm differentiating between "gross matter", meaning the substances that bind
the "self" to this worldly existence and consciousness, the lively potential of
the "self".  If one is bound to matter, then his/her potential becomes limited
to this phenomenal existence.

> Are you so much of a Dualist that you reject all of
> even Maharishi's teachings about Unity, and that there
> is essentially no difference between matter and "spirit"
> or "consciousness" or whatever it is that you call what
> it is that you prefer over "gross matter?"

Perhaps, I'm not at that stage of Unity consciousness.

> Next time you think matter is an illusion, drop by my
> place and I can promise you I'll do something that will
> convince you that matter is not an illusion. I've done
> it before for "spiritual seekers" who tried to lay the
> olde New Age / spiritual line about the relative world
> (the world of matter) not existing on me, and *without
> exception* every one of them admitted afterwards that
> not only does it exist, it needs to be paid attention
> to much more than they were paying attention to it
> before.

You misunderstood the whole point.  Perhaps, the world of phenomenal existence
has taken over you.