--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > "Confession?"  It's "ok?" >>
>
> It's tongue in cheek.
>
> > IMO it is Ok even if Maharishi and the TMO feel that it
> > isn't.
>
> They have their logic.
> I think you need to answer the question I asked several posts back
> about keeping the purity of the teachiing.
> I have to ask myself this question: If there was little
> attempt to keep the purity of the teaching by being careful what
> gets interjected and absorbed in to it, what would happen over time
> to the teaching of the knowledge. I think everyone here should try
> an honest open minded objective attempt to answer this PARTICULAR
> question precisely (and concisely)
>
> > And it's all so unnecessary.  And so based on fear.
>
> I think it's based on logic. see above.

But the logic is based on fear (the irrational, and taught-to-
them fear that the eternal can be corrupted by the ephemeral)
and ego (the quickly-learned belief that stopping this "corruption"
is in our control and that we are important enough to have been
entrusted with the task).

Everything you are talking about here, Off, is *learned behavior*,
not some eternal grand truth.  You were TAUGHT that the know-
ledge of TM and of enlightenment was so fragile that it had to
be protected with eternal vigilance from what could be "inter-
jected" into it and what could "happen to it" over time.  You were
TAUGHT that unethical acts are permissible when performing
this "protection."   You were TAUGHT to look the other way when
these things happen, and never to complain when the people
who are "protecting" this oh-so-precious and oh-so-vulnerable
knowledge demean it through their lies and actions.

What if none of it is true, and the only thing you're "protecting"
is an eternal technique which has never been lost and never
"corrupted" because it cannot possibly be?  And, of course,
an immensely profitible monopoly, and the self important egos
of those who run it?