--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry to ramble, but there are days when the weirdass
> things that spiritual traditions do to its followers just blow
> my mind.
> Unc
>

> ----Your incredulity is mere smugness of an inner fanaticism with your
> own boundaries. Whether truer or more open than others, it's still a cage.

True, but my own, and clean.  :-)

> Here I threw you a bone of modern French culture in Noir Desir and
> what did you do, you totally ignored it. I was trying to make a connection
> with you and your beloved France, and in your smugness you merely
> flipped me off.  And then as pretentious as you are you act as if that's
> cultured.

I was fucking with you, dude.  I know the group, and their music.
I think both are mediocre beyond belief, and thought that long
before the drug-addled leader of the band decided to beat his
movie star girlfriend into a bloody pulp.  I was trying to avoid
saying so, since you seem to like them.

It's not just that (as you said) the French language and rock 'n
roll don't mix well.  It's that in any language I have very high
standards for music and even higher standards for songwriting
and Noir Desir satisfies neither.  If you like them, it seemed
obvious that we probably weren't going to have many musical
groups to agree on, that's all.

> You're in what I call second middle agedness.

And you're in what I call Need To Bag mode.  :-)  It's Ok.  If
it makes you feel better to put a label on something or
someone, go for it.  :-)

> In second childhood people act bizarre trying to make up for lost
> experience. In second middle agedness a person more quickly throws
> off all ideas that they haven't experienced as unimportant thus puffing
> up their own ego.

And in Need To Bag mode, people sometimes need to label
others who don't react as they were expected to react.  :-)

> So have fun in the South of France. If you can get past your own mind
> to experience anything else.

Thanks, I will.

Unc