Ok, I'm going to take a step that may cross a line I probably oughten cross.
Edg just posted something on BATGAP where he hints, that had he had more
information on Daniel, he might have reigned in his exchanges with him a
little.  Or that's how I interpet it.

For me, when I read his exchanges without the benefit of sound or video, it
makes a different impression.  Like you might be willing to give a person the
benefit of the doubt, that he might be a little more of who he implies he is.
But when you add those two other elements, and hear bits and pieces of other
peoples' interactions with him, a different picture emerges.

That's how I see it anyway.