--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <geezerfr...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > The moment that the TMO rebranded its Purpose in
> > > terms of the Maharishi Effect, it declared in no uncertain
> > > terms that "We" were the Most Important People On The
> > > Planet, the only ones who could save it from impending
> > > doom and Kaliyuga Konsciousness. Not my kinda scene...
> > > glad I missed it.
> >
> > Actually, you've just conveniently forgotten it. It wasn't
> > ever *not* part of the TMO's purpose. MMY had predicted it
> > in 1960; it was officially dubbed the Maharishi Effect in
> > 1975 with the publication of the initial two 1% cities
> > crime rate studies, before the TM-Sidhis.
> >
> Speaking of crime rates and TM

Says Joe, adroitly leaping to distract attention from
yet another of Barry's memory failures...

ROFL!

, in the book Heaven On Earth, Michael D'Antonio decides, after having heard in
Fairfield that groups of meditators create a "wave of coherence" that lowers
crime rates, to visit the Fairfield Chief of Police, Randy Cooksie. D'Antonio
figured that Fairfield, with its higher percentage of meditators than any other
city in the world, would be a perfect "lab" for testing the theory.