--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anatol_zinc" <anatol_z...@...> wrote:

> Einstein's theory of General Relativity  predicted that light would bend
> bypassing a massive planet like the Sun. That was the only feasible
> experiment for his untested theory at the time since there were no lasers,
> etc.
>
> Einstein was asked what if the experiment proves his theory wrong? He said
> that would mean the experiment was not done properly.
>
> Amen !

Wrong about the faith part I'm afraid. That was a measure simply
of how confident he was about his theory of gravity and light.

The experiment has since been carried out using a total solar
eclipse to reveal that light from stars that should have been
behind the sun were bent round by gravity's distortion of space
to be visible *next* to the sun. Einstein died before this was
confirmed.

The experiment has also been carried out with light from distant galaxies being
bent round superclusters of other galaxies.