Maybe I will dare to try and shed some light on this. From the book, it's clear
that MMY felt very conflicted about his sexual activity, at least during this
time. After their first time together, MMY cancels all of his lectures (in the
Rishikesh lecture hall) for the day. Judith became concerned about MMY's health
and immediately went to him. She found him there with Tatwallababa rubbing his
feet and several other saints in attendance. He dismissed them and told her
"you've made my kundalini energy go this way" (down) Judith was horrified and
full of guilt. But then MMY pats the bed (meaning come sit) and they screwed
again.

It;s clear that MMY, at this time felt very conflicted about this. It appears
(and this is just reporting on what Judith observes) that he may have felt less
conflicted as time, and the women, went on.

However, it is interesting that it was during this time that MMY started the
"M" group of western celibate monks.