"Cultural Restrictions?"  That's the one thing I notice about a lot of
the people on FFL is they apparently have never made the acquaintance of
Indians outside of MMY and maybe a few of the monks that hung out around
him.  A few may have visited India and some of them apparently with
blinders on.  What East Indians SAY and what they DO are two different
things.  I bet there are people here who believe that India is a big
holy land.  Try thinking of it more as a carnival midway and you'll have
it right.

For some reason I make friends easily in the Indian community.  They are
a very open bunch and we often discuss things like "godmen" (the Indian
cynical term for money grubbing gurus).  It's good to get an
understanding of the community and how it is changing as they decided to
dump centuries of spiritual practices and become "more western."
Another good source of understanding the Indian community is to watch
some Bollywood movies especially some of the new ones that deal with
modern India "coming of age".  Some of these are even available on
Netflix WI.  I've also rented and purchased DVDs from local Indian
groceries.  Those films can be a hoot to watch (though I often click for
the next chapter to skip over the dancing around trees).

The average Indian would not be surprised at all at a "godman" dumping
his celibate vows.  Money can easily sway Indians and so can sex. ;-)