=-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_re...@...> wrote:

> > Here's a thought: How would it look different if
> > TM *were* the "best" (specifically, the most
> > efficient technique currently easily available to
> > householders for developing higher states of
> > consciousness)? Would no TMer ever then say so?
>
> If they were an "on the program" TMer, they
> would be UNABLE to say so.

You forgot to add, "In my opinion."

> Because they would never have been able to
> try any other technique, and thus could never
> know for sure that TM was "better" than any
> of these other techniques, let alone "best."
>
> And only an idiot, after all, would be stupid
> enough to say "The thing I've experienced is
> better than all these things I've never exper-
> ienced."

Again you forgot to add, "In my opinion."

> And yet if memory serves me right you have
> chosen in the past to be one of those idiots.
> You have put yourself on the record -- on
> a.m.t. if not here on FFL -- as defending the
> notion that "TM is the best."

You forgot to include my qualifiations: the most
efficient technique currently easily available to
householders for developing higher states of
consciousness.

> For the record, could you do it again? Refresh
> my memory. How exactly is it you can be certain
> that TM is better than or more effective than a
> technique of meditation you have never personally
> practiced? I never really "got" that. Could you
> explain it to me again?

I'll remind you of my bicycle-riding analogy. That
should be enough.

> The "TM cocoon" I was speaking of is being able
> to make the statement "TM is the best technique
> of meditation on the planet" with a straight face.

No, it wasn't. Only five days, and already you've
"forgotten" which lie you told:

"I honestly think that part of the disconnect going
down between you and Curtis over this issue is that
he doesn't realize how *isolated* and *cocooned* you
have to have been for the last 30+ years to still
hold the views of Maharishi you hold."

It was all about how I didn't realize anybody thought
MMY was a "charlatan." Even though you know otherwise
for a fact.